THE VEGG COOKBOOK
The Vegg Cookbook has over 70 Vegg recipes created by fans of The Vegg from all over the world. You can order a copy at many online stores including Amazon.com.
HOW DO I MAKE THE VEGG VEGAN EGG YOLK?
Directions: Blend in a mini blender or food processor for 15 seconds. For 2-3 yolks blend 1 teaspoon of Vegg with 1/4 cup of water.
Cook The Vegg into a recipe or enjoy straight as a “yolky” dipping.
TIPS ON WORKING WITH THE VEGG VEGAN EGG YOLK
1. Do not mix by hand-results will not be smooth – Use a blender.
2. Do not try to fry The Vegg mixture without adding a thickening ingredient such as a starch.
3. Freeze or refrigerate after each use. The Vegg can last in refrigerator 2-3 weeks and longer in the freezer.
4. Re-blend before each use.
5. For sweet recipes that involve baking or frying you may substitute vegan milks for water as the liquid that is to be mixed with The Vegg powder. This
will make a thicker yolk mixture texture, i.e. french toast, cake mixes etc.
6. To make a yolk shape either spherify (see video) or pour into yolk-shaped vessels and freeze.
A new spherification technique which should provide a hot to nicely warmed yolk for immediate use in a recipe!
How To Spherify A Yolk
1 Tbs. prepared Vegg
1 tsp. calcium chloride beads dissolved in
1 cup of warm water
1 cup cold water (for rinse)
Note: You will need two small bowls, a spoon, and a drinking glass with a 2” diameter inside bottom.
Pour a tsp. of calcium chloride solution into glass and swish around, making sure bottom and sides are coated. Pour out into sink. Using a measuring cup, pour about 1/4” (approximately 1 Tbsp.) of prepared Vegg into glass (being very careful to not let it contact sides of glass). Let sit for 1 minute. Fill standard sized non-measuring tsp. with calcium chloride solution. Near the top of the glass touch tip of spoon to inside of glass. Slowly lift spoon handle and let the solution drizzle down the side of the glass so as not to pour directly on yolk. Gently turn glass 45 degrees and repeat. Keep this up until top of yolk is covered with calcium chloride solution. Gently swirl the glass so the yolk spins around for 15 seconds. Wait 2 minutes, then gently pour yolk into your hand so that the excess calcium chloride solution is poured into sink. Immediately put yolk into cold water bath for 2 minutes. Keep there until used.
TIP: If you prefer more disk shaped (realistic yolks) to spherical ones, just puncture the spherified yolk, bleed off some runny yolk and immediately submerge yolk into calcium chloride to reseal the puncture. A little practice and you’ll be making perfect vegan yolks!
TIPS ON WORKING WITH THE VEGG BAKING MIX
1. Use a small hand whisk to mix The Vegg Baking Mix with liquid.
2. Typical use is 1/4 cup liquid to a tsp of Vegg Baking Mix.
3. You can use water or a milk to hydrate The Vegg Baking Mix powder. NOTE: Some recipes will perform better simply adding the powder directly into the dry ingredients (with no additional 1/4 cup liquid per tsp).
USING THE VEGG SCRAMBLE
This video shows you how to make scrambled Veggs using the new Vegg Scramble!